Topics on the Ninth British-Ukrainian Symposium:
- Does the Individual Anesthetist Make a Difference in the Perioperative Outcome?
- How to Increase Patient Safety in an Anesthesia Department
- Workshop: Basic and advance approaches to difficult airway
Hartmut Buerkle, Prof. Dr. med. Dipl. (FI) Hospital Economics, Professor in Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Chair of the Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg, University Medical Center Freiburg, Germany.
Areas of Special Interest
- Clinical: Ethics and Economics; Regional anesthesia; Perioperative Oncological medicine
- Pre-clinical: Epigenetics in anesthesia and intensive care medicine; mechanisms in organ-protection
- 1996 Best Western Anesthesia Research Resident Competition, USA
- 2001 Teaching Recognition Award der European Academy of Anaesthesiologists „Teacher of the Year 2001“
- 2002 European Academy of Anaesthesiologist Clinical Research Award 2002
Editorial Boards and Societies
- 2000-2004 Editor European Journal of Anaesthesiology
- since 2005 Section Editor AINS (AnästhesieIntensivmedizinNotfallmedizinSchmerztherapie)
- 2000-2008 Secretary of the German Society of Regionalanesthesia (DGAI)
- since 2008 Member of committee for Education of the German Society of Anesthesiology (DGAI/ DAAD)
- European Society of Anaesthesiology; International Anesthesia Research Society (IARS); Berufsverband Deutscher Anästhesisten (BDA), Deutschen Gesellschaft für Anästhesie und Intensivmedizin (DGAI); Deutschen Interdisziplinären Vereinigung der Intensivmedizin (DIVI).
International Faculty & Fellowship:
Visiting professorships: University of Canberra, Australia; State University of New York, Brooklyn, Department of Anesthesia ,USA; University of Maastricht, Dept. of Anesthesiology, Holland; University of Kaoshiung, Dept. of Anesthesiology, Taiwan R.O.C., University of Toronto, Dept. of Anesthesiology, Canada; Postdoc-fellowship. UCSD, San Diego, USA